Best 10 Weight Fly Rod
Looking for a 10 weight fly rod? Anglers have never seen a better time to be in the market for a 10 weight fly rod. Rod makers have drastically improved recent designs by using stronger and lighter materials in their rods. And with a rugged rod like a 10 weight, that makes a big difference.
Below we show you the best selling 10 weight fly rods.
10 weight fly rods are bult for fighting really big fish. Typically anglers are looking for a big rod to fight trophy fish like striped bass or even tarpon. Fly rods in the 10 weight class feature a fighting butt at the base of the cork grip. This allows you to plant the rod on your hip for leverage and really bring the fight to big trophy class fish.
We truly enjoy high-end rods tremendously. They look and cast nicely, and they perform exceptionally well. But surrendering your wallet for a really high-end 10 weight fly rod isn’t necessary. Reasonably priced 10 weight fly rods usually have all the same basic features as high quality rods. Good quality cork grips, corrosion resistant hardware, and solid reel inserts are standard on for all but bargain basement fly rods. Very often the blanks from which the rods are made are exactly the same as mid to high-end rods.
When you are fighting a big tarpon with your 10 weight planted against your hip, you’ll be glad you saved some serious coin. Because you’ll almost definitely want to hire that charter again.
These are Amazon’s top selling 10 weight rods:
- The micro-Spey has its own action for swinging and mending smaller trout streamers and wets.
- The two shortest trout rods have a slower action designed for short casts as compared to more conventional models.
- The basic saltwater models have a faster action designed for bigger flies, bigger fish, and windy conditions.
- The new Clearwaters improved the rod blank materials using a blend of standard, intermediate, and high modulus graphite depending on the rod model.
- The rods have between 10 and 15% improved strength, depending on the exact rod model.
- Smooth and powerful, medium fast rods
- Black matte finished blanks, gold logos for style
- Anodized reel seats with aluminum inserts
- Premium grade cork with burled accents
- Comes with a TFO-logo red rod sock for optional customization