Best 5 Weight Fly Rods
Looking for a 5 weight fly rod? Thankfully fly rod manufacturers are constantly improving their designs and using lighter and stronger materials in their rods. There has never been a better time to be in the market for an affordable 5 weight fly rod.
Below we show you the best selling 5 weight fly rods.
5 weight fly rods are great all-around fly rods. Fly rods in 5 weight are so popular because they are capable of handing everything from large trout and bass down to panfish.
We enjoy high-end rods tremendously, but spending a lot of money on an expensive 5 weight isn’t entirely necessary. Entry level 5 weight fly rods sport many of the same features as top-shelf rods. Good quality cork grips and reel inserts have become commonplace for entry level rods. Very often the rods are made from exactly the same rod blanks as mid to high-end rods.
Today’s best selling 5 weight fly rods can really help you save some cash. And when you are concentrating on the great fishing, you won’t have any regrets that you saved more than enough cash for a good quality fly line or a landing net.
These are Amazon’s top selling 5 weight rods:
- Orvis Encounter 5WT 8'6" Fly Rod Outfit
- ONE-YEAR-WARRANTY and LifeTime Repairing Warranty we as a 13 years fly rod factory, offer "No Hassle" warranty for all our rods for one year. If you are not 100% satisfied with our rod, you can return it in any time. And we also offer lifetime repairing for Maxcatch rods.
- EXCLUSIVE MAXLINQ BLANK TECHNOLOGY - Pure IM7 24T plus 30T carbon fiber. With mixed 5 layers of carbon including Reinforced Muscle carbon layer for at least 20% increase in strength.
- DISTANCE and PRESENTATION - a fast action design rod blank to excel in distance and presentation. To meet the need of a newer fly caster, Slim taper engineered to be smooth and powerful, high efficiency loading, all for easy long distance casting.
- HIGH STANDARD SMOOTH GUIDES - MaxSelect Stripping Guides and Ultra lightweight Hard Chromed stainless steel snake guides and Over-sized tip loop for smoothest longer casting.
- PURE CORK HANDL and REEL SEAT - Pure A+ Contoured Cork Handle for comfortable gripping and also helpful for casting. High Density machined aluminum reel seat with two up-locking rings for reliable fixing of the reel foot. And will tolerate saltwater environment.
- High Performance, Medium-Action Graphite
- 4 Piece Rod with Hard Canvas Case and EXTRA Tip Section!
- High grade AAA cork grips with burled ends & Spalted Burl Reel Seats
- Copper anodized Hardware, from the reel seat to the tip top.
- No Fault LIFETIME Warranty!
- The Orvis Encounter Fly Rod Outfits feature a quality graphite construction fly rod, Orvis Encounter Large Arbor Fly Reel, Orvis WF Floating Trout Fly Line, Dacron Backing, and Tapered Leader...professionally rigged and ready to fish!
- Encounter Fly Rod packages deliver higher quality performance than any other value package you'll find
- Encounter rod series combines state-of-the-art rod design with a smooth, crisp performance
- Free U.S. Shipping from ReelFlyRod.com
- Forgiving yet durable two-piece fiberglass blank
- Cork grip offers traditional feel
- Line flows freely through aluminum-oxide guides
- Length: 8'
- Reel Seat- Aluminum w/Cherry wood