Best 8 Weight Fly Rods
Looking for an 8 weight fly rod? Fly rods for big bass, steelhead, and striped bass have come a long way. Rod makers are constantly making their rod designs lighter, improving their strength and incorporating better materials in their rods. There has never been a better time to be looking at purchasing an 8 weight.
Below we show you the best selling 8 weight fly rods.
8 weight fly rods are the answer for big fish. More often than not, 8 weight fly rods feature a fighting butt at the base of the cork grip. This allows you to plant the rod against your hip and really bring the fight to those large and hard-fighting fish.
We enjoy top-tier fly rods as much as anyone. Their craftsmanship and performance is often exceptional. But spending all your hard earned cash on a really high-end 8 weight fly rod isn’t necessary. Entry level 8 weight fly rods usually have all the same basic features as high quality rods. Corrosion resistant hardware, good quality cork grips, and solid reel inserts have become commonplace for entry level rods. Truth be told, very often the blanks from which the rods are made are exactly the same as mid to high-end rods.
Its pretty tough to take note of the fine details of high-end rods while you’re concentrating on fishing anyways. When you have your 8 weight planted against your hip fighting with a giant steelhead you’ll be glad you saved a ton of cash.
These are Amazon’s top selling 8 weight rods:
- Free Standard Shipping on all Orvis Products!
- The Orvis Encounter Fly Rod Outfits feature a quality graphite construction fly rod, Orvis Encounter Large Arbor Fly Reel, Orvis WF Floating Trout Fly Line, Dacron Backing, and Tapered Leader...professionally rigged and ready to fish!
- State-of-the-art rod design with a smooth, crisp performance
- Free U.S. Shipping from ReelFlyRod.com
- Maxcatch Extreme Fly Fishing Rod Complete Package. This is the most complete combo set, which includes everything that you will need to start fly fishing
- One Extreme blue 9', 8wt, 4pc fly rod (Made of IM6 Graphite, A grade cork grip, Solid machined aluminum reel seat)
- One "ECO" 7/8wt Reel (Large Arbor spool design, die-cast Aluminum body), your reel has been set at the factory for left-hand retrieve. To convert your reel to right-hand retrieve, please contact us for guide
- Pre-loaded with ECO WF8F fly line, 9ft 2X tapered leader, 30lb 80 yards orange backing
- High quality trout flies (12 pieces) for fly fishing with a waterproof fly box (dry and wet assortment, #10)
- 9' long, fast action IM8 Graphite for durability, accuracy and performance
- Travel friendly, four piece, with alignment dots for fast setup
- Ceramic stripping guides, chrome snake guides for smooth gliding fly lines
- Machined aluminum reel seat with double lock rings for sturdy reel attachment
- Full well cork handle with fighting butt helps casting accuracy, avoids fatigue. Four compartment rod tube included.
- Smooth and powerful, medium fast rods
- Black matte finished blanks, gold logos for style
- Anodized reel seats with aluminum inserts
- Premium grade cork with burled accents
- Comes with a TFO-logo red rod sock for optional customization