Best 8 Weight Fly Rods
Looking for an 8 weight fly rod? Fly rods for big bass, steelhead, and striped bass have come a long way. Rod makers are constantly making their rod designs lighter, improving their strength and incorporating better materials in their rods. There has never been a better time to be looking at purchasing an 8 weight.
Below we show you the best selling 8 weight fly rods.
8 weight fly rods are the answer for big fish. More often than not, 8 weight fly rods feature a fighting butt at the base of the cork grip. This allows you to plant the rod against your hip and really bring the fight to those large and hard-fighting fish.
We enjoy top-tier fly rods as much as anyone. Their craftsmanship and performance is often exceptional. But spending all your hard earned cash on a really high-end 8 weight fly rod isn’t necessary. Entry level 8 weight fly rods usually have all the same basic features as high quality rods. Corrosion resistant hardware, good quality cork grips, and solid reel inserts have become commonplace for entry level rods. Truth be told, very often the blanks from which the rods are made are exactly the same as mid to high-end rods.
Its pretty tough to take note of the fine details of high-end rods while you’re concentrating on fishing anyways. When you have your 8 weight planted against your hip fighting with a giant steelhead you’ll be glad you saved a ton of cash.
These are Amazon’s top selling 8 weight rods:
- 9' long, fast action IM8 Graphite for durability, accuracy and performance
- Travel friendly, four piece, with alignment dots for fast setup
- Ceramic stripping guides, chrome snake guides for smooth gliding fly lines
- Machined aluminum reel seat with double lock rings for sturdy reel attachment
- Full well cork handle with fighting butt helps casting accuracy, avoids fatigue. Four compartment rod tube included.
- Orvis Encounter 8WT 9' Fly Rod Outfit
- High Performance, Medium-Action Graphite
- 4 Piece Rod with Hard Canvas Case and EXTRA Tip Section!
- High grade AAA cork grips with burled ends & Spalted Burl Reel Seats
- Copper anodized Hardware, from the reel seat to the tip top.
- No Fault LIFETIME Warranty!
- All water, Medium-Fast action rod
- Anodized Machined aluminum reel seat, ideal for all water conditions
- Alignment dots for easy rod set up
- Combo includes: Crosswater rod, Crosswater reel pre-spooled with Rio mainstream wf fly line, and cordura rod tube
- Limited 1 year Warranty
- The Orvis Encounter Fly Rod Outfits feature a quality graphite construction fly rod, Orvis Encounter Large Arbor Fly Reel, Orvis WF Floating Trout Fly Line, Dacron Backing, and Tapered Leader...professionally rigged and ready to fish!
- Encounter Fly Rod packages deliver higher quality performance than any other value package you'll find
- Encounter rod series combines state-of-the-art rod design with a smooth, crisp performance
- Free U.S. Shipping from ReelFlyRod.com